About the Academic Symposium
The inaugural Social Value Academic Symposium 2019 aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, and academic professionals to share their social value related research with peers and the public. It is co-organized by the Center for Media and Social Impact & Yunus Social Business Centre at National Central University, Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts, Social Impact Institute of Taiwan, and Social Value International. In 2019, this symposium is jointly held with the Social Value International Conference. Our goal is to create a platform where participants from academia, government, the third sector, and the private sector can discuss recent research developments and engage in networking for further collaborations on related research and projects.
Topics of Interest
The symposium calls for unpublished research findings in the following areas:
1. Public Policy and Social Value
2. Impact Investment and Management
3. University Social Responsibility and Social Value
4. Social Enterprises and Innovation
5. Social Value Measurement and Social Return on Investment
6. Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Value
7. Sustainable Development Goals and Social Value
8. Other Topics related to Social Value
1. Full Paper Submission Due: August 20, 2019
2. Notification of Acceptance: September 15, 2019
3. Early Registration & Payment*: June 01 2019 - September 30, 2019
4. Final Paper Submission: October 10, 2019
5. Symposium Date**: December 5, 2019
* The registration fee includes the participation of the Social Value International Conference 2019 and the Social Value Academic Symposium 2019.
** The date of the Social Value International Conference 2019 is December 4-5, 2019.
Hua-Nan Bank International Convention Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Papers can be written in Chinese or English and will be evaluated according to their research contribution, methodological soundness, theoretical framing and relevance to the above topics. Please submit your paper in WORD file to Prof. Yang with email title “Submission to Social Value Academic Symposium 2019: Your Name” before the deadline of August 20, 2019.
The length cap is 8,000 words. Please refer the template
<Paper Template >
to prepare your manuscript with the APA style format. Incomplete submissions and submissions involve violating regulations or academic ethics will not be processed. All papers will be reviewed through a double blind reviewing process. The decision of paper review will be emailed to each contributor by September 15, 2019.
Journal Publication Opportunities
Papers presented during Social Value Academic Symposium 2019 will have the opportunity to be considered for publication in the following journals.
1. Third- Sector Review (Chinese)
2. China Nonprofit Review (Chinese)
3. China Third Sector Research (Chinese)
National Central University
Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts
Social Impact Institute of Taiwan
Social Value International
Prof. Kuen-Shiou Yang